Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Unplanned orthodontist trip

I rang my orthodontist this morning and asked, via his receptionist, if I could put my elastics back to the 'box shape' he had them in before my last visit, because my jaw joint was sore. He asked me to go in, which I did, and he and agreed that the box shape would be a better approach right now.

He seemed disappointed the midlines are still so 'off'.

As soon as he put the elastics into a box shape my bite felt better. It touches on both sides now (even if only at one point on each side!).

But I am still getting unpredictable shooting pains in my left jaw joint. Horrible. Mind you it's only been about 3 hours since I was there. I must give it time!

He said that if the pains don't stop I should let the surgeon know what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment